• Gets the change team in agreement as to what the current process is.
• Identifying key problems, bottlenecks and transitions.
• Showing where to test ideas for most impact.
When flowcharting answer these questions:
- What is the name of the process you are flowcharting? (make sure it clear)
- Where does the process start? (What’s the first step?)
- Where does the process end? (What’s the last step?)
- What are steps and decision points in between?
- When the flowchart is completed:
• Are there any key problem areas or bottlenecks?
• Why do we do it this way?
• Are there changes we could test to improve the process?